|Generac 5939||Check it out on Amazon|
|Generac 5735||Check it out on Amazon|
|Generac 7042||Check it out on Amazon|
|Generac 7043||Check it out on Amazon|
|Generac 70432||Check it out on Amazon|
|Generac 7127 Iq3500||Check it out on Amazon|
|Generac 7676||Check it out on Amazon|
|Generac 7690 Gp6500||Check it out on Amazon|
|Generac 9855||Check it out on Amazon|
|Generac Gp3500io||Check it out on Amazon|
|Generac Rtsw200a3||Check it out on Amazon|
Generac was founded in 1959 and since then has been the primary company to supply affordable generators for homes. Their generators are engineered with engines specifically designed for generators and are ready to withstand all the trials of generator use. Today, Generac Generators is the favourite manufacturer of all kinds of generators, they not only manufacture portable generators but also standby generators and generators for commercial and industrial uses
#1 Generac 5939
- 6875 watt and 5,500-watt peak and continuous wattage.
- 389cc OHV engine with 7.2-gallon steel gas tank.
- Foldable handle design with never-flat solid wheels and locking system.
- Runs for 10 hours at half load and full gas tank.
Generac generator 5939 GP5500 is reliable. It is a gas-powered portable generator which offers up an impressive 5,500-watt power regularly with the capability to support 6,875 watts at most. It uses an OHV engine which is protected in a steel tube sturdy cradle mounted on two large pneumatic wheels which never go flat.
The outlets are protected with circuit breakers to prevent overloads while the muffler is designed to reduce noise levels. This well thought out ergonomically designed portable powered generator is skilled at running 24 hours in rugged working conditions without dropping its competence or destructing the environment a lot. The fold-able ergonomically created handles make storage and transport effortless.
#2 Generac 5735
- Generac OHVI 992cc engine incorporates full pressure; lubrication with an automotive-style spin-on oil filter for longer engine life.
- Low-oil pressure shutdown automatically safeguards the engine from damage.
- Hour meter tracks maintenance intervals.
- Large capacity (16 gals.) fuel tank with incorporated fuel gauge provides durability and extended run times.
- Hardened 1.25 in. steel tube cradle for added strength and durability.
- Heavy-duty, pneumatic wheels allow for easy portability.
- Electric Start, battery included, provides hassle-free start-up.
- Integrated lifting eye for easy transport and security on the job site.
- Circuit breaker protected outlets
- High-performance alternator
- 2-year limited residential warranty; 1-year limited commercial warranty
From home use to camping, construction to outdoor events, Generac GP series portable generators provide dependable portable power. Power the fun stuff or cover an emergency. The GP17500E Watt electric start generator features never-flat wheels, low-tone mufflers for quiet operation, low-oil shutdown, circuit breaker protected outlets, and hour meter with maintenance resets. Idle control increases fuel efficiency and includes a wheel kit and lifting eye to make transportation easier.
#3 Generac 7042
- Protects your home and family during a power outage
- Fully automatic operation when paired with Generac Smart Switch
- Specifically designed for the demanding environment standby generators endure
- Full pressure lubrication system w/ 2-year oil change interval
- Connects to your existing LP or natural gas fuel supply
- Less than 5% Total Harmonic Distortion (THD) for utility grade power
- Allows for faster response time & maximum motor starting ability
- Can be installed within 18″ of a building; *Always check local building codes.
The 22 kW Guardian Series home standby generator is the largest air-cooled home standby generator on the market. Not only does it deliver all the features and functionality customers have come to expect from the market-leading brand of home standby generators, but with an MSRP that is the lowest cost per kilowatt of any air-cooled home standby generator. Provides whole-house coverage for many homes.
#4 Generac 7043
- The Generac 7043 is traveled by the Generac G-Force™ Engine. This engine is robust and stable, capable of handling strenuous use.
- The True Power™ Technology during this model means reducing harmonic distortion too but 5%.
- The 200-Amp, NEMA 3R, outdoor-rated Automatic Transfer Switch has an aluminium enclosure and provides automatic power and protection to your entire home from this standby generator.
- Maximum 22000 LP Watts and 19500 NG Watts.
- It operates at an inexpensive 67 Decibels, offering a quiet power solution.
- The 7043 is Wi-Fi capable.
- The Quiet-Test™ Self-Test Mode runs the generator at a lower RPM while it performs a five or twelve-minute test.
- Standby generators must be durable, and therefore the Aluminum Enclosure and RhinoCoat powder-coated finish resist corrosion and help this model survive the weather, including 150 mph winds.
- The Generac 7043 comes with a 5-Year Limited Warranty.
- Offers 24/7, year-round customer support.
The Generac 7043 22/19.5kW Air-Cooled Standby Generator is a choice from the Generac Guardian® Series of home standby generators. it’s all of the facility and reliability you would like for your house during an influence outage.
According to Generic Generator review, it’s also the most important generator available. It provides the lowest-cost-per-kilowatt MSRP of all residential standby units. The 7043 is a superb Generac generator for total backup electricity.
#5 Generac 70432
- The Generac 70432 contains a Generac G-Force™ Engine – built to be strong and capable of lasting for several years.
- The True Power™ Technology during this generator means less harmonic distortion—so that the facility is smoother and cleaner.
- It supplies a maximum of 22000 LP Watts and 19500 NG Watts.
- It runs quietly at 67 Decibels, which is suitable for quiet neighbourhoods.
- The 70432 is Wi-Fi capable.
- The 70432 features a Quiet-Test™ Self-Test Mode that powers the generator at a reduced RPM so it can self-test for five or twelve minutes.
- This standby generator is a RhinoCoat powder-coated Aluminium Enclosure that protects it from corrosion and weather.
- The Generac 70432 comes with Generac’s 24/7, 365-days-per-year customer service and a 5-Year Limited Warranty.
The Generac generator 70432 22/19.5kW Air-Cooled Standby Generator may be a part of the Generac Guardian Series of backup residential generator models. It’s a strong and reliable source of backup electricity during an outage. It’s an outsized generator option. It offers the lowest-cost-per-kilowatt MSRP of any residential unit. It’s an excellent option for backup electricity.
#6 Generac 7127 Iq3500
- ULTRA-QUIET – Advanced inverter technology and enclosure design provide optimal quiet performance
- POWERRUSH™ ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY – Delivers over 50% more starting capacity allowing you to try to more with less.
- IDEAL FOR WORK OR PLAY – Durable steel enclosure, clean inverter power and straightforward portable.
- ELECTRIC START* WITH POWERDIAL™ Start/Run/Stop – Three operation settings integrated into one simple-to-use dial
- DIGITAL SMART LCD – Digital Wattage Meter, Run Time Remaining Display, Generator Status, Hour Meter and reserve
- 30A TWIST LOCK OUTLET – Harness the complete power of the generator
- USB PORTS – Charge mobile devices including smartphones and tablets
- ECONOMY MODE – Reduces noise and fuel consumption
- PARALLEL-READY – Connect two iQ3500 inverter generators for twice the facility
- CARB Compliant
Generac’s 7127 iQ3500 portable inverter generator allows you to bring power wherever you go – from tailgating parties to camping trips, the job site and beyond.
The durable, yet lightweight design is specifically engineered for straightforward portability. The intuitive PowerDial in this Generac generator, integrates the beginning, run and stop functions into one simple-to-use dial, alongside Electric Start (battery included) capability, all conveniently located for quicker startup. Select from two engine speeds, counting on your need, to significantly reduce noise and fuel consumption, or to maximise power response.
Inverter generators utilize a special sort of alternator than standard generators to get AC power. The top results are a transportable generator with reduced weight and size and power that’s ultra-clean and capable of safely powering sensitive electronics and tools.
#7 Generac 7676
- Energizes mission-critical appliances – except central A/C
- Provides 30% + motor starting capacity
- Easy start -start the generator with the press of a button (Battery Included)
- Plug-in battery charger jack keeps battery charged and ready
- Designed for long life with safeguards in-place for peace of mind
- Makes it easy to track run-time & maintenance intervals
Generac Generator GP8000E offers many benefits that make this model a favourite for emergency power or recreational use. Power Rush Advanced Technology delivers over 30% more starting capacity (increase electrical current upon demand above rated output when starting electric motors) and electric start makes the GP8000E easy to use (battery included). You’ll always be prepared with the plug-in battery jack that keeps the battery charged and ready for unexpected outages.
The long-lasting OHV engine and large-capacity steel fuel tank with fuel gauge provide increased durability and up to an 11-hour runtime at 50% load. The covered outlets for added protection are helpful in rough or rugged environments, heavy-duty wheels that will never go flat and a fold-down handle that will enable you to easily transport your generator to any location.
The low-oil feature will automatically shut down the Generac generator, preventing damage to the unit, while the hardened 1.25 in a steel-tube cradle increases strength and resilience. You’ll never be caught off guard, with the regular maintenance alerts provided by your hour meter.
#8 Generac 7690 Gp6500
- Power Rush ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY delivers 40% more starting capacity allowing you to try to more with less.
- Generac’s OHV engine with splash lubrication provides an extended engine life.
- Hour meter tracks maintenance intervals.
- Large-capacity steel fuel tank with an incorporated fuel indicator provides durability and extended run times.
- Low-oil level shutdown automatically safeguards the engine from damage.
- Covered outlets provide added protection from the environment and rugged working conditions.
- Hardened 1 1/4″ steel tube cradle for added durability and strength.
- Fold-down, locking handle for sturdy portability and compact storage.
Portable Generac Generator, 6500W Running/8125W Starting, 120/240 VAC, OHV Engine, Recoil Start, 3600 RPM, 49-State. The GP6500 portable generator is a superb choice for emergency power when backing up multiple appliances. Featuring Power Rush ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY, it delivers 40% more starting capacity allowing you to try to more with less.
#9 Generac 9855
- Let’s you direct power from your portable generator to your home
- Compatible with any portable generator with ground-fault circuit interrupter (GFCI) protected outlets
- The electrician can install upgraded parts to figure with an automatic standby generator
- Directly powers hard-wired appliances like your furnace, well pump, and lights
- Indicator lights show once you have a utility or generator power
- Prevents dangerous back-feeding to avoid injuring utility line workers
- Let’s you switch from utility to generator power with the push of a button
- Pre-wired for fast, easy installation
- Colour: Grey
- Dimensions (L x W x H): 15.4 x 4 x 15.8 inches
- Manufacturer warranty: 5-year warranty
- Heavy-duty, never-flat wheels for reliable portability.
The neighbourhood goes dark and therefore the race is on. Everyone’s looking for candles and scrambling to save lots of quickly-thawing freezer food… everyone except you, that is, because of your generator and HomeLink 50-Amp Manual Transfer Kit.
This system allows you to direct power from any portable generator with GFCI-protected outlets to your home, and keep the lights on during a blackout. An indicator light shows once you have generator or utility power available, and a quick-action rocker button allows you to switch between them whenever you would like.
# 10 Generac Gp3500io
- Over 50% more starting capacity with new, advanced PowerRush technology thereby increasing productivity
- 50% quieter for noise-sensitive environments
- 25% lighter, helping reduce fatigue while improving portability
- Clean power for sensitive electronics with TruePower
- 1-simple-to-use dial that integrates start/run/stop functions with PowerDial
- Increases electrical current upon demand, above-rated output when starting electric motors
The Generac generator GP3500iO open frame inverter featuring new, advanced PowerRush technology delivers over 50 per cent more starting capacity for tools and other motor-driven equipment so you can do more with less. Both quieter and lighter, it’s the ideal portable solution for camping, powering your RV essentials or tools.
#11 Generac Rtsw200a3
- Service rated (RXSW) Generac automatic transfer switches are housed in an aluminium NEMA/UL Type 3R enclosure. It also has electrostatically applied and baked powder paint
- Heavy-duty Generac Contactor is a UL recognized device. It’s designed for years of service, the controller at the generator handles all the timing, sensing, exercising functions and transfer commands
- It is used in tandem with smart management modules. Upto 8 more loads can be managed as well, providing the most installation efficient power management options available
- The switch is covered by a 5-year limited warranty
- Replacement for RTSW200A3
Generac Automatic Transfer Switches are designed for use with single-phase generators that utilize an Evolution or Nexus Controller. The 200-Amp open transition switch is available in a single phase with a service equipment rated configuration. Through the use of digital power technology (DPM), these switches can manage up to 4 individual HVAC (24 VACS controlled) loads with no additional hardware.
Are Generac Generators worth it ?
Since 1959, Generac has been designing and manufacturing backup power generators for residential, commercial and industrial applications. We have grown to be the world’s largest provider of residential backup generators, selling five times as many generators as all of our competitors combined.
Generac generator’s broad product line is available through the industry’s largest network of independent generator dealers, retailers and wholesalers.
What is an automatic backup generator ?
An automatic backup generator is a backup electrical system that operates whether you are home or away. Within seconds of an outage, it automatically supplies power directly to your home’s electrical circuit breaker box.
After utility power returns, the generator shuts itself off and waits for the next outage. It operates on natural gas or liquid propane gas and sits outside just like a central air conditioning unit.
Why should I buy an automatic backup generator instead of a portable generator?
During a utility power outage, an automatic backup generator provides numerous advantages over a portable generator:
- The American Red Cross recommends permanently installed backup generators as a safer way to provide backup power to a home than a portable generator.
- With an automatic backup generator properly installed outside, your home is protected from deadly carbon monoxide poisoning that is a much greater risk with portable generators.
- Running on the home’s natural gas or LP fuel supply, it is less expensive to run than gasoline and sources such as natural gas do not need to be refilled.
- They start automatically within seconds of a power outage and eliminate the need to haul a portable generator outside or run extension cords throughout your home.
- They provide protection 24/7, whether you are at home or away, and they turn themselves off when utility power returns, so there is no need to monitor the unit during an outage.
What is the importance of size and weight of the portable generators?
Lighter and smaller appliances are simple to move to a particular location from the place where they are kept. This factor can be quite advantageous in the situation of an unforeseen power cut. At the same time, aspects such as wattage, engine, run time and tank capacity, are the most significant ones that you require to pay attention to.
If a model meets your necessities based on these factors, but it is not chiefly light and small, you must not hesitate to get it. You may get a wheel kit for simpler portability.
Can I opt for a portable generator with an electric start?
The electric start eradicates the requirement to pull a cord to get the engine running. You simply need to push a button and the device will start producing electric power. Frequently, the electric start is considered to be more reliable compared to the pull-cord start, especially in cold weather conditions.
Nevertheless, in modern generators, the cord start has become fairly reliable in any weather condition. The electric start might even fail once its battery is not powered up. Still, this is pretty infrequent. You could choose a model which comes with both types of starts.
Can the whole house be powered using one of the portables in situations of emergency?
No, it is practically not possible to power your whole house using one of these generators. Usually, these generators have a maximum wattage of about 4000 watts which is for sure not sufficient to provide electrical energy for the whole household.
Although, in situations like these, the most important question to ask yourself is that do you require all your household electrical appliances to work? Or possibly, just a few selected appliances which are crucial and you would not be able to survive without them in times of dire consequences, for instance, refrigerators or medical equipment. To charge only the most important electrical appliances the quiet portable generators that have been mentioned above will do their job fine.
Which home appliances can I power with these generator?
This depends on the wattage of the device and the appliances. You have to ensure that the total wattage of the appliances, which are powered with the use of the device, does not exceed its maximum wattage.
Otherwise, the circuit breaker of the generator will stop it automatically. It is always best to do the math in advance. Figure out which appliances you would want to use during a power cut and ensure that they can all be powered by the device.
Where can I set the portable generator?
The device must be set only and only outdoors while it is being used. You are supposed to position it somewhere farther from doors and windows so that the exhaust fumes do not get inside the home. This is very vital as the carbon monoxide gas that is produced might cause some serious poisoning.
One error that you should avoid making is placing the device within the garage with the garage doors open. There is a possibility that this could also lead to some kind of accident. You also need to make sure that the device is protected from rain, moisture and snow. It is best if it is set in some dry enclosure with active and regular air circulation.
How do I run a generator which has not been used for a long time?
You must check all the parts of the appliance to ensure that they are in a good state. One should pay special heed to the carburettor and change the fuel. You should clean it in order to guarantee that the machine operates efficiently and smoothly. The same thing applies to the spark plug also.
Check the level of the oil with the specially designed dipstick. Add more, if needed. Always remember to take the generator out in the open before you start it. This is a crucial safety measure.