Dual fuel generator, also known as hybrids, can run on 2 sorts of fuel, usually gasoline and propane or sometimes gas. Having both the options provides more flexibility in operational costs, run time and storage.
Gasoline is the standard fuel type for generators, but there are certain disadvantages – challenging to store, subject to cost fluctuations – that propane doesn’t have. Propane is usually cheaper, which lowers your running costs; it is often stored indefinitely and even reduces the background level of the machine.
For some, having an extended total run time is already enough reason to urge a dual fuel generator. Counting on the model, you’ll seamlessly switch between fuel supplies which drastically extends how long you’ll keep the generator running before you would like to shut it down for refueling.
1. Champion 7500-Watt Dual Fuel
- Champion generators are popular generally, but this mid-size dual fuel model especially has earned many positive reviews. It’s 7500 watts continuous on gasoline and 6750 watts on propane.
- This may be a user-friendly model with an electrical starter and also cold start technology so that it doesn’t fail in colder climates. The Intelligence on the instrument panel also keeps it comfortable to watch because it shows the run time, output, voltage and even maintenance reminders.
- Run time is decent but it’s but many other models available on the market. On the opposite hand, this is often also one among the larger engines featured so keep that in mind when considering what you’ll attach to that during the shorter time.
Champion 7500-Watt Dual Fuel Portable Generator with Electric Start:
- Dual Fuel – Operate your 7500-watt portable generator right out of the box on either gasoline or propane, plus the unit holds 1.2-quarts of oil (included) and features a low oil shutoff sensor
- Electric start – Power up the 439cc Champion engine with the handy toggle, battery included
2. Pulsar 10,000 Watt with Switch & Go Technology
- This Pulsar model provides high output with extended run time and even instant changing of fuel source without having to show the engine off first because of the Switch & Go technology. Whenever one among the fuel tanks is running out, you’ll simply turn the knob and alter to the alternate fuel.
- This may be a great source if you would like a stable power supply for an extended period of your time since this Pulsar can keep going for 12 hours on either gasoline or propane at a half load. There also are four 120v power outlets so you’ll connect plenty of electrical appliances at an equivalent time.
- This product comes at an honest price for its capacity and technological features making it one among the simplest value for money options on this list
Pulsar 10,000W Dual Fuel Portable Generator with Switch & Go Technology & Electric Start, PG10000B16
- 10, 000W peak 8000W rated (gas)/ 9000W peak 7000W rated (LPG)
- The powerful 420cc, 4-stroke, OHV, air-cooled engine is protected by a durable powder-coated steel frame
3. DuroMax XP1200EH with Push Start
This ‘Beast’ is made for heavy-duty use with a durable steel frame, all-terrain tires, high output and an MX2 switch which will double the 120-volt amperage for giant loads. If you would like a transportable generator powerful enough as an entire house solution or quiet reliable for a construction site, then this is often the model meant for you.
This generator offers a peak power of 12,000 watts on gasoline and shortly behind comes the height power of 11,400 watts on propane. Talking about its high capacity, the run time is sort of decent with nearly 9 hours and over 7 hours, respectively.
The downside is that you simply would expect more outlets for this amount of power, but there’s the advantage of having the ability to run on both 240 volts and 120 volts at the same time.
DuroMax 12,000 Max 9,500 Running Watts Dual Fuel Electric Start Portable Generator, XP12000EH
- Plenty of Power: With 12,000 starting watts and 9,500 running watts, this unit can handle heavy loads from lights and a refrigerator to a home air conditioning and high amperage power tools
- Powerful engine: The XP12000EH is Powered by a DuroMax 18HP, 457cc DuroMax OHV Engine
4. Ford 7750PBE with Switch & Go Technology
If you’re a lover of Ford cars, then you’ll be happy to understand that their generators are built with equivalent quality standards, delivering a highly reliable dual fuel portable generator. The 7750PBE may be a durable design with a steel frame and never-flat tires that gives medium-range power.
For its capacity, this model is sort of fuel-efficient, while running on gasoline. With a half load, this dual fuel inverter generator can keep working for over 10 hours on gas and eight hours on LPG.
Other reasons to think about this model is that the Switch & Go technology that permits to modify fuels no end the engine and therefore the maintenance-free battery that allows for a smooth and a user-friendly push start.
Ford 7,750W Portable Switch & Go Technology and Electric Start, FG7750PBE Dual Fuel Generator
- The powerful 420cc, Single Cylinder, 4-Stroke, OHV, Air Cooled Engine is protected by a Heavy-Duty Powder Coated Steel Frame
- 7,750W Peak/ 6,250W Rated (Gasoline) & 7,500W Peak/6,000W Rated (LPG)
5. Firman H03651 CARB & cETL Certified
For a lesser-known brand, this is often a product that you simply should consider for its value for money. It’s one among the smaller fuel tanks but it is still capable of an extended run time of 14 hours on 1 / 4 load and over 10 hours when running on propane.
There are several additional safety features like covered outlets and an automatic low oil shutoff. It’s also more portable than a number of the opposite models since it weighs less, has a foldable u-shaped handle for straightforward moving and storage and never-flat tires.
Overall, this is often an excellent alternative to the more notable brand names that you simply will not regret purchasing.
Firman H03651 4550/3650 Watt Electric Start Propane or gas Dual Fuel Portable Generator CARB and cETL Certified
6. Westinghouse WGen3600DF
If you’re worried about all the specified certifications, then consider the Westinghouse WGen3600DF which has the trifecta of approvals, CARB, EPA and CSA. On top of that, it’s incredible fuel efficiency that gives a run time of 18 hours on gasoline and 11 hours on propane.
This is also a user-friendly model with Switch & Go technology, an electrical start, easy maintenance, and it comes able to hook up with an RV. If you favour even more convenience, then you’ll upgrade to the version that gives a wireless remote start.
This may not be the primary power source, but it’s quite enough to stay the electronics in your RV running overnight.
Westinghouse WGen3600DF Dual Fuel (Gas and Propane) Electric Start Portable Generator – 3600 Rated Watts
- 3600 Rated Watts & 4650 Peak Watts (Gasoline); 3240 Rated Watts & 4650 Peak Watts (Propane); 4 Gallon Fuel Tank (with Fuel Gauge); Electric push and Remote Start
- Intuitive instrument panel Features a 5-20R 120V Duplex Outlet, an RV-Ready TT-30 30 Amp Outlet, and an L5-30 30 Amp Outlet
7. Champion 3400 Watts – RV Ready
Another viral Champion generator comes within the small dimensions of a daily inverter but with more power and therefore the choice to run on propane, as well. This is often an excellent example of advanced technology that this American brand prides itself on.
Dual fuel generators aren’t standard, but they’re great for portability and reducing noise levels so definitely worthwhile if you’ll afford it. With more than 3000 watts of power, this model comes with a real draw in output with much more extensive and bulkier designs.
Despite the small fuel tank, this inverter generator still features a decent run time of around 7 hours on gasoline, and even more impressive, approximately 14 hours on a 20 lbs tank of propane. You’ll also get double the facility by connecting another inverter.
Champion 3400-Watt Dual Fuel RV Ready Portable Inverter Generator with Electric Start
- Dual Fuel – Operate your 3400-watt portable generator right out of the box on either propane or gasoline, plus the unit holds 0.6-quarts of oil (recommended 10W-30) and features a low oil shutoff sensor
- Convenient Electric Start with 3-Position switch – Battery included, plus Quick Touch Panel allows you to access all of your controls in one spot.Noise Level:59 dBA at 23 feet. Frequency 60 Hz
8. WEN DF457T
WEN consistently delivers excellent quality affordable generators, and this model is not any different. It’s decent power for a reasonable run time of 11 hours on gasoline and seven hours on propane that must be enough for powering or tailgating the appliances in your RV.
You would not guess its smaller tag from the spec list since it’s a folding handle, electrical start, fuel-type switch and never-flat tires. This all comes backed by a 2-year warranty and easily accessible consumer service.
WEN DF475T 4750-Watt 120V/240V Dual Fuel Portable Generator with Wheel Kit and Electric Start – CARB Compliant
- Switch between gasoline (4750 surge watts, 3800 running watt) and propane (4350 surges, 3500 running) with the straightforward turn of the choice dial
- Voltage smoothly goes from 120V to 240V, perfect for transfer switches and emergency backup
9. DuroMax XP2000EH
Not in need of tons of power or is portability more critical to you? Then consider buying the DuroMax XP12000EH portable generator, which is excellent for camping.
This lightweight machine just weighs 47 pounds, so you’ll easily carry it with you anywhere or maybe take two so that you’ll make use of its parallel capabilities for twice the facility output. This is often a smaller capacity generator, so it’s more fitted to charging sensitive electronics like mobile phones, laptops and DSLR cameras or drones.
The run time is below average on gasoline which is understandable for the tiny tank, but it does provide an astounding 21 hours of run time when it is attached to a 20 lbs propane tank. The engine runs enough for a campsite at 61 decibels that is about an equivalent level of noise as a traditional conversation between 2 individuals.
DuroMax XP2000EH Dual Fuel Inverter Generator:
- 2000 peak watts/ 1600 running watts
- Produces clean, stable power which is suitable for sensitive electronics like cell phones or laptops
10. DuroStar Hybrid Dual Fuel DS10000EH
This design by DuroStar was meant for heavy-duty use, but it could also double as a whole-house backup generator. It delivers world power, on either fuel type, and it’s also fuel-efficient enough for an extended run time of over 10 hours on gasoline and over 8 hours on propane.
This model has an MX2 switch that allows you to double up the 120-volt power outlet for bigger loads and allows you to run at both 120 volts and 240 volts at an equivalent time. This is often great for top power requirements or once you got to connect many devices.
The downside is that it’s quite heavy, even with the tires and pulling handle so this is often not the first portable option.
DuroStar Hybrid Dual Fuel DS10000EH 10,000-Watt Portable Generator
- Powerful Duro Star Engine: The DS10000EH is Powered by an 18HP, 440cc OHV Durostar Engine.
- Dual Fuel Energy: the power to run on Propane or Gasoline allows the liberty and adaptability of Fuel Choice.